Sunday, December 26, 2010

Compassion

I follow Tao Are You on Twitter, and I noticed an interesting post.

I feel, though, that in replying to his post on twitter, I did the thought a disservice. 140 characters isn't really enough to talk about compassion, especially with how poorly built language is to discuss such a topic. We replied to each other a bit on Twitter, but I feel that, to get my point across, I needed to say more on the subject.

Compassion is always within us, and always at the forefront. I take a step forward, and compassion is already there. I take a step backwards, and compassion is waiting for me. However, in our day to day lives, we often hide our own compassion from ourselves, to the point that we require action to bring it out.

Ideally, however, such a barrier needs not be there at all. Compassion should not require any action to bring forth. If we need to reach for compassion, then there is something wrong. Rather, the compassion should be reaching for us. Not just some of the time, but all of the time.

All that is required of you is to allow the compassion that is always with you to express itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online