Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Tao of Autism

As an autistic Taoist, I find I have an alternate view of the world that is not immediately available to the vast majority of people. I thought I might give that view here.

The purpose of this blog is not to provide commentary or complaints on current autism or Taoism news. Rather, it is to present my understanding and view of autism and Taoism, from the perspective of someone who would actually know. I seek to banish the misconceptions people have towards the two, as well as how they relate to one another. Anything I come across, no matter how old, is open to my commentary.

As a Taoist, I believe that one of the primary reasons why there is so much inhumanity in the world today is because of ignorance. As an autistic, I have experienced inhumanity due to reliance on custom and ritual.

If I find any other misconceptions that I know, I may also comment on them.

1 Comment:

  1. The Rambling Taoist said...
    One of my readers alerted me to your blog. As a Taoist with Asperger's Syndrome, I think I understand where you're coming from or, at least, I'm in the ballpark. : )

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online